Student Visa After 485 Expires.

Hoang Quyen Le

Hi all,
I'm currently on 485 and I'm still in the process of collecting documents for EOI (which are PTE & JRP) and it's quite obvious that I won't be able to obtain the invitation letter before my current 485 visa expires this July, let alone a bridging visa. I intend to apply for another student visa. My background is Cert 3 + 4 in Commercial Cookery & Dip & Adv Dip of Hospitality. Before I wanted to choose Cert 3 in Pastisserie, but since that certificate is a lower level certificate compared to my highest certificate (which is Adv Dip) so I have decided to choose Dip + Adv Dip of Business (each course lasts for 6 months so the total will be 1 year). My questions are:

1/ Since my course is quite short, will it easy for me to get 'No Further Stay' Condition? I have read somewhere that if the course is less than 10 months then the stake is high.
2/ Is the chance that my student visa is refused by immigration high? Is Adv Dip high enough?
3/ For my Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE), I intend to explain to the immigration that since I have been working in the hospitality industry for a year, and since my dream is opening a restaurant back in my country (I also used this same reason in my previous GTE for my student visa in 2015), I feel like the knowledge that I possess is still not enough for me to run my future business successfully, therefore I decided to choose Dip + Adv Dip of Business blah blah blah... With this explanation, will my GTE sound convincing to the immigration?
4/ I used the document checklist tool from the immigration website to check if I will have to submit financial evidence or not based on my passport country and the college that I choose, and the result was that I did not have to show financial proof. Will there be any chance that the immigration still decides to ask me to provide financial proofs?

I'm looking forward to any advice out there. Thank you so much in advance!!!

• 1 month later...

In case anyone reads this post, I was granted the student visa, the answers for all these questions are:

1. I did not get 'No Further Stay' condition, my course package that I use to apply for the student visa lasts for 1 year.
2. Not sure if it's high or not, but I was granted the student visa.
3. Obviously, it sounded convincing to the immigration...
4. The immigration did not say anything since I have already submitted financial proofs in advance.

In short, the only thing they required me to submit after my application is my health exam, after that I was granted the visa.

• 5 months later...

Hi, 

We took the same course of study and I am in the same situation that you were before.  I am a bit worried that I may not be granted a student visa after my 485 so it’s comforting to know that you were able to obtain it.  My question is, did you process the application for the student visa yourself or did you use a migration agent?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/11/2019 at 09:15, Yrisha said:

Hi, 

We took the same course of study and I am in the same situation that you were before.  I am a bit worried that I may not be granted a student visa after my 485 so it’s comforting to know that you were able to obtain it.  My question is, did you process the application for the student visa yourself or did you use a migration agent?

Thanks!

I did everything by myself. It took a lot of time for research, but yeah, I did everything myself.