Licence requirement for 186

Hi All,

I have read the information here about the requirement for licence in order to get visa approved but I still have an important issue.

I have applied for ENS 186 transition stream and I have asked to provide CO with licence/registration I need to work in my nominated occupation. My job is Electronics Hardware Design Engineer but it is classified as Electronics Engineer. I asked who is responsible for nomination in my company and she confirmed that I do not need any licence/registration and also I got 457 visa without it.

Based of details in the checklist, if I do not need any licence/registration, I have to provide some evidence that prove it and my problem is that there is not anything related to licence requirement for my job position or my qualification. I have contacted to Engineering Australia, EnergySafe Victoria, Australian Bureau of Statistics(that provide ANZSCO) and also Department of Home Affairs but none could tell me that where can I find any thing related to my issue.

I appreciate if someone can advise me.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/05/2019 at 13:42, Ahmad.Sa said:

Hi All,

I have read the information here about the requirement for licence in order to get visa approved but I still have an important issue.

I have applied for ENS 186 transition stream and I have asked to provide CO with licence/registration I need to work in my nominated occupation. My job is Electronics Hardware Design Engineer but it is classified as Electronics Engineer. I asked who is responsible for nomination in my company and she confirmed that I do not need any licence/registration and also I got 457 visa without it.

Based of details in the checklist, if I do not need any licence/registration, I have to provide some evidence that prove it and my problem is that there is not anything related to licence requirement for my job position or my qualification. I have contacted to Engineering Australia, EnergySafe Victoria, Australian Bureau of Statistics(that provide ANZSCO) and also Department of Home Affairs but none could tell me that where can I find any thing related to my issue.

I appreciate if someone can advise me.

Thanks.

The rules regarding licencing for a 457 and for a 186 are different.

You need to find out if licencing or registration is required for your specif occupation in the industry you are employed.

You should consult your Migration Agent if you are using one for your application.

• 4 weeks later...