Which partner visa would we need? Please help :)

Marianne72

Hi!

I'm an aus citizen but currently in the UK on a 2 year working visa because my partner is a UK citizen. We met in Aus and his previous visa ended in November 2018 so he moved back. 

I moved to Bristol and of March and we are living together for the 2 years I'm here. We want to get married late next year.

We've done a lot of reading and trying to set up a consult with a migration agent, but am so confused if we need to apply for the partner visa 309 and 100 or the prospective marriage visa..

Can anyone help us if we need to apply for a partner visa (we are living together and the condition 8515 may be attached) - can we still get married next year before moving back? 

Any help would be amazing! 

If you feel it's confusing already, then hire a migration consultant.  It will cost you money, but it's worth it for peace of mind.  There are several reputable agents who post on these forums regularly.

It sounds as though you could qualify for either visa, so it's not a case of which one you are eligible for, it's a question of which one will suit your timeline better. 

• Thanks 1