re: FORM 888 Stat Decs - Advice Needed

Kian

Hello, 

I am looking for some advice for people who have collected their form 888 (stat decs) for their application. 
Although it is clear in our stat decs that we are married and in a committed relationship, only 3 of the 6 say 'married' or the variant 'marriage.' 

The other 3 use phrases such as 'relationship' and 'wedding' and 'fiancee' and .' couple'  and 'committed relationship' but do not say married/marriage or de facto relationship. 

Is this likely to be a problem? 
I ask because I recently contacted a migration agent who said they must contain the phrase 'married' or 'de facto' relationship. 

Hi, I’m not an agent so someone may have a better idea.... I was told by a few sources that you want to have your form 888 writers to say things like ‘I know they’re in a genuine and continuing marriage (or relationship)’. It’s best to use the words that define the relationship, whether that’s de facto or marriage. 

I guess it could also depend on the context of what your friends have written? But remember the immi person looking at your application is a person with no knowledge of your relationship so it’s best to make it all as clear as possible. 

Can you have your form 888s rewritten? Perhaps the people only need to redo the first page and you can keep the second certified page as is?

If you’re having doubts about the forms I would say have them re done, you don’t want something silly and easily fixed to affect your application. 

I am a bit confused with the stat decs from friends and family that are required.

My brother and his wife are doing form 888 each. They live in Australia and are citizens. They have alsmost finished them but do they have to provide current passport details too that have to be certified?

The other 2 people are in the UK and have completed the form 888 each and had them certified by a teacher.  Are they allowed to use the same form 888? And do they provide certified copies of there passports too?

Partner Visa:

Does the applicant and sponsor have to provide photo booth photos with the application?

Thanks! Xx

Hi Aussiebird,

Yes, your Australian stat decs need to be certified and a photocopy of passport also needs to be certified. The same person certifying the forms can also certify the passport photocopy

For the two from the UK they don’t need to use form 888, instead they can just write a stat dec that is legal in the UK. There are lots of examples on the internet of what one in the UK should look like. Ensure they put contact details of a phone or email on the stat dec. Yes, a certified copy of their passport is probably needed. 

We had a few people tell us that 6-8 is a good number of form 888/stat decs to have, are you able to have a few more written?

Also yes, applicant and partner need to upload passport photos, I would think they need to be proper passport style and not just photo booth ones. 

Have you considered using an agent? We did and it took a lot of stress out of the whole application. Sure it adds to the cost but the thought of not getting a visa by missing something silly ourselves seemed cheaper in the long run!