Changing children’s citizenship application to other parent?

Time for Tea

Both my husband and myself met citizenship  requirements in June last year (2018), applied and then had to leave the country. We came back and sat our citizenship test and had our interview and passed in March-this year  we could not remain onshore for the timeline of 6 months for approval and left Australia,  Our children, both under 16 were under my husbands application and we now think that it is better to  add the them to my application, or is it too late?  I will return to Australia within the six month approval time line and look for work. We left for family reasons, grandfather being very  old and ill, delays  with house sale/renting it out  due to Brexit. The other need to return to the UK was the delays in citizenship processing times made our son ineligible for a loan to begin university unless he was a citizen, thus, he was in  in limbo. My children wish to study and live out their lives there.  Uk is a temporary move.Is it doable to add our children to my application given we have not yet been approved?

If you're now only waiting for approval/ceremony, I don't think there's any need to change.  There's nothing preventing the children returning when you do.  My children were on my application, but we all got our approvals within days of each other and were invited as a family to the ceremony.