Citizenship Application - Advice on Traveling

Chloe46

Hey guys, 

So I'm eligible to apply for citizenship in about 3 weeks from now. I've actually passed all requirements for the last 4 years already but each year I travel a lot for work so often travel for more than 90 days within 12 months, which made applying very difficult.

So in 3 weeks time I can apply and will meet all requirements, problem is, I foresee possible travel in July/August (60 days max). So questions:-

1) Should I put this down in my application even though it's not confirmed yet, will it harm my chances of approval? I might as well wait till end of the year if it does.
2) Once I submit the application and get sent an acknowledgement, apparently the wait time is now over a year before they even look at it. Does this mean that my application gets re-assessed on the random future date that they pick up my application, or is it automatic based on their system once its been submitted?
3) Will I be able to travel after I have submitted my application? Do I have to inform them every time I travel out of the country for work (as sometimes I get 1-2 days work trips)
4) At what point does travel dates as part of the requirement no longer matter? After the application is received/acknowledged, or only when it is picked up and "approved?" This is the part that confuses me as it'll be helpful to know so I can strategise my timing in applying for it and moving around work travel dates.

Thanks so much, would appreciate any insights.

Hi Chloe46,
As I understand it:
1. Yes, add any known future travel but it should not harm chances of approval-it is only that they may delay your invitation to test and ceremony based on you being out of the country at that time (although timeframes are so long that it would be next years travel or the year after that is more likely to cause delays [emoji51][emoji30])
2. It is based on submission date in terms of eligibility.
3. Yes you can travel after submission, the only “problem time” I am aware of would be later in the process where an RRV may not exist when you need to travel or the brief period where you have had your ceremony but are not yet in possession of an AU passport.
4. I understood it was eligibility on submission.

I have asked on here about whether I need to inform Immi about travel after submission that I was not aware of at the time of submission and have been told it is probably not necessary unless it is for a considerable amount of time. I have not yet discovered how to do that if that is the case.
[emoji4]