Question about tax returns to be filed

Sigemup

Hi

I can’t comment on the USA but arrived from UK 5 months into the UK tax year and two months into the Aus tax year,  18 months ago. Because of the dual taxation agreement between UK and Aus (is there one between US and Aus?) that means we can’t be charged tax in both places at once, we had to file returns in both countries.  We had to find an accountant because we couldn’t manage the Australian tax form. I can highly recommend Alan Collet who posts on here for Australian tax forms. He did both the UK and the Aus forms for us in the end and saved us an awful lot of money. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fisher1 said:

Hi

I can’t comment on the USA but arrived from UK 5 months into the UK tax year and two months into the Aus tax year,  18 months ago. Because of the dual taxation agreement between UK and Aus (is there one between US and Aus?) that means we can’t be charged tax in both places at once, we had to file returns in both countries.  We had to find an accountant because we couldn’t manage the Australian tax form. I can highly recommend Alan Collet who posts on here for Australian tax forms. He did both the UK and the Aus forms for us in the end and saved us an awful lot of money. 

Thank you Fisher1. 

Do the accountants help with the USA tax returns as well ?