Post a job vacancy?

veryhopeful

Hello everyone

It's been a while since I was on here, so am a bit out of touch with all the rules!  I am pommy, now here 9 years (how time flies!)

I need to source someone to help me run a British shop on the Gold Coast.  Obviously I would like a British person to add to the authenticity of the shop.  Am I allowed to post a job vacancy on here?  If so, where?

Thank you all very much!

4 hours ago, veryhopeful said:

Hello everyone

It's been a while since I was on here, so am a bit out of touch with all the rules!  I am pommy, now here 9 years (how time flies!)

I need to source someone to help me run a British shop on the Gold Coast.  Obviously I would like a British person to add to the authenticity of the shop.  Am I allowed to post a job vacancy on here?  If so, where?

Thank you all very much!

good luck with the employment laws on that one 🤣 positive discrimination for foreign nationals

• 4 weeks later...

Hi VH

First, a disclaimer.  I'm not a lawyer - in fact I have no legal training at all - so please don't act on my comments until you've obtained professional advice.

Having said that, it appears that Section 25 of the Queensland Anti-Discrimination Act 1991, may apply in the situation you've outlined.

• S25 allows an employer to impose genuine occupational requirements for a position.  
  • S25(1) indicates that 'selecting an actor for a dramatic performance on the basis of age race or sex for reasons of authenticity' is a genuine requirement.
  • Employing someone on the basis of race for authenticity is what you would like to do.

The Act is administered by the Anti-Discrimination Commission Queensland (ADCQ) and here's a link to their contact page.

You can contact ADCQ via email or phone - suggest it's worth having a quick word with them to find out where you stand legally to inform the way ahead with your recruitment plans.

Refer the red type below.

'ANTI-DISCRIMINATION ACT 1991 - SECT 25 Genuine occupational requirements

Genuine occupational requirements

25 Genuine occupational requirements

(1) A person may impose genuine occupational requirements for a position.
Examples of genuine requirements for a position—
Example 1—
selecting an actor for a dramatic performance on the basis of age, race or sex for reasons of authenticity.

Best regards

Susan