Vetassess

On 13/03/2019 at 00:50, Lavers said:

Metal fabricator cost me £1600 I think for document review then an interview.

How about you?

Hi Lavers, may i know how long have you submitted your application and do you have any interview question samples for Metal Fabricator?

I have submitted for document review too.

Hi Enam I had my technical interview around 4 weeks ago.

I posted this at the time.

So I've just finished my technical interview and I though I'd pass on what to expect. Like everyone says it's very informal and it's just like your having a chat with someone at work. If there's areas your stuck on they help you best you can to give an answer. So questions they asked where: *Give measurements off a drawing on screen. *Name tools on screen ie. Tape measure, rule and vernier  (tricky). *Talk about mechanical tools you use, with correct PPE and also what checks you do before using. *Talk about what parts you need to set up TIG,Mig and stick welding sets. * What gases you use for each and different tungsten for the ie. Red & Grey. * Shown me a couple of weld symbols and asked what they where. * What first aid and quality procedures your company has. *What's on a WPS sheet and also COSSH. Bit gutted they didn't ask about pattern development as I've been brushing up on it over the last few days. All in all it took 1hr 10min as if you'd answered things in another question he'd skip a few. Hope this helps

Edited by Lavers
  • Like 1

Hi Lavers  Thank you very much for replying. 

I am waiting for my Stage - 1 doc review outcome; not sure how long does it take to receive the outcome.

So i will take this as guideline of these eight common types of questions you've mentioned:

1. Give measurements off a drawing on screen.
  2. Name tools on screen ie. Tape measure, rule and vernier  (tricky).
  3. Talk about mechanical tools you use, with correct PPE and also what checks you do before using.
  4. Talk about what parts you need to set up TIG,Mig and stick welding sets.
  5. What gases you use for each and different tungsten for the ie. Red & Grey.
  6. Shown me a couple of weld symbols and asked what they where. 
  7. What first aid and quality procedures your company has.
  8. What's on a WPS sheet and also COSSH.

However, I am also not sure what types of pattern developments you were brushing up. Would you mind sharing some details on pattern development.

Thank you once again. 

1 hour ago, Enam said:

Hi Lavers  Thank you very much for replying. 

I am waiting for my Stage - 1 doc review outcome; not sure how long does it take to receive the outcome.

So i will take this as guideline of these eight common types of questions you've mentioned:

1. Give measurements off a drawing on screen.
  2. Name tools on screen ie. Tape measure, rule and vernier  (tricky).
  3. Talk about mechanical tools you use, with correct PPE and also what checks you do before using.
  4. Talk about what parts you need to set up TIG,Mig and stick welding sets.
  5. What gases you use for each and different tungsten for the ie. Red & Grey.
  6. Shown me a couple of weld symbols and asked what they where. 
  7. What first aid and quality procedures your company has.
  8. What's on a WPS sheet and also COSSH.

However, I am also not sure what types of pattern developments you were brushing up. Would you mind sharing some details on pattern development.

Thank you once again. 

It took 3 months for my stage 1, although they contacted me after 8 weeks asking for more pay slips, then 4 weeks later they asked for my reference contact details, then a week after that it was passed off.

I paid for stage 2 straight away and didn't hear anything for 4 weeks although xmas was in the middle of that. Then my interview date was only 4 weeks from that.

If your in the trade there's no need to worry, they even point you in the right direction if your unsure.

Pattern development was square to round, radial line for cones and parallel line for branches etc.

• Thanks 1