Suburbs similar to convenience of Bondi Junction?

syd

Hi guys! Currently living in Bondi Junction and loving it. Close to the train station, loads of shops, tree-lined streets, Centennial Park down the road. I have a 2br terrace with garden. Having to move because landlord is selling and wondering what other areas would compare in convenience, with station and shops in easy walking distance, and central station a couple of train stations away, with budget around $800-$900 for a 2br house + garden. Any thoughts?

If you're willing to go West, you'll get slightly  more for your money than Bondi Junction with the same convenience.  

I like Summer Hill - nice pub, restaurants and cafes, train station. Not a big shopping centre but just down the road from Ashfield.  A few more stops on the train than BJ but still a fast service.  If you're tempted to stay closer in (Stanmore, Newtown), watch out for aircraft noise.

If you're prepared to consider bus, then don't overlook Randwick.  Shops, pubs restaurants, supermarkets, and closer to the beach for a similar price.  No trains, but find somewhere close to the bus stops on the High Street and you can be in the CBD very quickly - the bus picks up at a few stops in Randwick, then it gets straight on the Eastern Distributor and flies into town.

• Like 2

Thanks Marisa, those are both some good suggestions! I hadn't even considered Summer Hill and will check it out right away. Randwick has been on the fringes, but had been pushed down the list by the usual suspects: Paddington, Double Bay, Bondi. 

Thanks again 🙂