Any Landscape Architects or Architects applying for 189

JohnDoug

7 hours ago, SUN r said:

Thank you, and wish you the same.

any idea how much time it will take to grant visa after submitting PCC and Medical?

Hi,

Our agent says it takes around 3 months to receive contact from CO and from there it can take another 3 - 6 months before you are issued your visa if all is in order with your documentation. My agent advised us not to front load medicals and pcc and to wait for contact from a CO. Based on other threads on this forum it seems waiting times vary but most are longer than 6 months. You might be lucky and get a direct grant if they are happy with your paperwork.

• 6 months later...
On 16/04/2019 at 08:17, JohnDoug said:

Hi,

Our agent says it takes around 3 months to receive contact from CO and from there it can take another 3 - 6 months before you are issued your visa if all is in order with your documentation. My agent advised us not to front load medicals and pcc and to wait for contact from a CO. Based on other threads on this forum it seems waiting times vary but most are longer than 6 months. You might be lucky and get a direct grant if they are happy with your paperwork.

Hi John

I am currently gathering evidence for my skills assessment as a landscape architect - building up the courage to ask my employer / admit i was thinking of emigrating was pretty tough and wanted to finish with my masters degree first. i have been working for nearly 4 years though whilst studying so no clue what vetassess will say. i was trying to message you but it would not let me. Reading through the forum has gotten me quie anxious - i would be really grateful if you wouldnt mind updating me on the progress of your application?

Beginning to think i have left it all too late... and thats really scaring me!

Thanks - J

3 minutes ago, JSmidge said:

Hi John

I am currently gathering evidence for my skills assessment as a landscape architect - building up the courage to ask my employer / admit i was thinking of emigrating was pretty tough and wanted to finish with my masters degree first. i have been working for nearly 4 years though whilst studying so no clue what vetassess will say. i was trying to message you but it would not let me. Reading through the forum has gotten me quie anxious - i would be really grateful if you wouldnt mind updating me on the progress of your application?

Beginning to think i have left it all too late... and thats really scaring me!

Thanks - J

Hi J,

Vetasses can be pretty tricky and in your case I would strongly recommend you go for a consultation with a MARA registered agent , it will be a small fee to pay but believe me it will be well worth it. There are amazing agents on this forum that can help with that. Now the last thing you should do is get anxious. The immigration process to Oz is not an easy one but that is by design but the good news is that Landscape Architects are non pro rata occupations and it is in fairly high demand so if you can get enough points together then I would suggest going for PR190 ( much more likely to get invited with less points because of your occupation) and not 189 ( a competition between those with the most points ) but during a consultation your agent will tell you your best options.

We had Vetassess done in August 2018 and then got all the rest of our docs together ( which took a lot longer than we thought it would ) and submitted our EOI in Jan this year. We got our invite in March and by April had the application approved. Only got contact from a Case Officer mid October requesting medicals and police clearances, submitted these soon after and now just waiting for our grant to come through.

Have you been working as a Landscape Architect or assistant architect? Vetassess did not want to recognize 2 years of my employment history as I worked as an assistant architect even though I had a masters degree at the time and was more qualified than the architect I was assigned to assist. Your job title means more it seems.

Let me know if you would like to know anything else, will be happy to help where I can.

Cheers

John