Any Landscape Architects or Architects applying for 189

JohnDoug

Hi all,

Just want to find out if there are any Landscape Architects or Architects on here that have applied for a 189 since 1st July 2018? From what we have gathered so far is that it is not an occupation that is in demand at all in Oz but it is on the MLTSSL and we have been waiting for ages. Maybe I am missing something. We only have 70 points so maybe not enough for an invite.

Edited by JohnDoug

• 2 weeks later...

hi,I have a same situation as you (65 point) and l 've been assessed in landscape architecture too. on 4th October I submitted my eoi... for 190 and 189 

how long do you think it gets to receive an invitation for me?do you have any idea about waiting time? 

thank you for your answering

On 01/02/2019 at 02:42, JohnDoug said:

Hi all,

Just want to find out if there are any Landscape Architects or Architects on here that have applied for a 189 since 1st July 2018? From what we have gathered so far is that it is not an occupation that is in demand at all in Oz but it is on the MLTSSL and we have been waiting for ages. Maybe I am missing something. We only have 70 points so maybe not enough for an invite.

How,long have you been waiting? All NPRs at 70 points before December 8 have been cleared.

8 hours ago, CivCdn said:

How,long have you been waiting? All NPRs at 70 points before December 8 have been cleared.

Thank you for you reply.

Our agent submitted our EOI in October 18 for 190 as we did not have enough points for 189. We passed the English test with superior score to gain extra points to get us up to 70. Agent amended EOI on the 9th Jan to a 189. It seems that very few if any at all with 70 points got an invitation 11/2/19 round. 

14 hours ago, hami said:

hi,I have a same situation as you (65 point) and l 've been assessed in landscape architecture too. on 4th October I submitted my eoi... for 190 and 189 

how long do you think it gets to receive an invitation for me?do you have any idea about waiting time? 

Hi, are you using the services of a MARA agent? Based on all the data released by DOHA there has been no invitations for 189 with 65 points. Even 70 pointers are struggling. It seems the future trend will be 75 points or higher will receive invitations. Have you passed the English test with superior score? if not then do that as you will gain 10 more points to take you up to 75 then you should definitely get an invite. Good luck i hope you get invited soon. 

It's very bad news man .I give 70 scores in pte exam last month so maybe I start again to give +79.

I thought few candidate in this field and I could easily get an invitation with 65 point. its very bad...

if you want, I'm glad to have your e-mail address.

1 hour ago, hami said:

It's very bad news man .I give 70 scores in pte exam last month so maybe I start again to give +79.

I thought few candidate in this field and I could easily get an invitation with 65 point. its very bad...

if you want, I'm glad to have your e-mail address.

From our personal perspectives it is very bad but unfortunately the way it works is that we do not choose Australia but Australia chooses us. Since the points increase in July many people have had their dream of living down under shattered but from their ( DOHA ) point of view by increasing the threshold they get better candidates so it makes the job market more competitive and they have insure that the labour pool is highly skilled. 

We did PTE 4 times to get the extra points so just study and do it and you will get an invite. 

Edited by JohnDoug

8 minutes ago, CivCdn said:

Did you receive a 190 nomination from NSW? Someone on immittacker at 70 points did.

Hi, yes we did receive nomination this morning. Just after I replied to your post our MARA agent called to say that we received an invitation. Was losing hope there for a second as we are not far off for losing points for age, turning 40 soon. Feels like an enormous weight has been lifted off our shoulders. Absolutely ecstatic at the moment.  

Edited by JohnDoug
  • Congratulations 2

On 12/02/2019 at 18:32, hami said:

Hi Hami, 

A bit off topic but have you done your masters in LA?

7 minutes ago, hami said:

yes. in beheshti,tehran, Iran. with high score

is it important to give invitation?

Yes, you have a better chance with a masters degree. But very important is superior English and as said before you will most certainly get an invitation with the 10 extra points to take you up to 75. How many times have you taken PTE?

5 minutes ago, hami said:

1 time.😶. End of the next month I do it .yes, it's better.

For most people ( including native English speakers ) the first time will only get them a proficient score. It is worth going the extra mile and getting the extra 10 points with a superior score. It might just make all the difference 👍

• 2 weeks later...

Hi even I am waiting for EOI invitation with 70 points (superior English points) for Landscape Architect, applied on 28th Feb for both 190 & 180.  How much chance of getting invite in two months? also wondering if there are lots of applicants in same skill.

On 13/02/2019 at 18:29, JohnDoug said:

Hi, yes we did receive nomination this morning. Just after I replied to your post our MARA agent called to say that we received an invitation. Was losing hope there for a second as we are not far off for losing points for age, turning 40 soon. Feels like an enormous weight has been lifted off our shoulders. Absolutely ecstatic at the moment.  

congratulations. so you got invite for 189 or 190?

On 06/03/2019 at 10:41, JohnDoug said:

We got an invite for 190 NSW. It took 5 months from submitting our EOI before we received an invitation. 

Congrats, looks like no invitation for 189, have checked on other forums too. have you got your PCC and medical done in advance?

On 13/03/2019 at 01:40, SUN r said:

Congrats, looks like no invitation for 189, have checked on other forums too. have you got your PCC and medical done in advance?

Thank you, we did not receive an invite for 189. We are using a MA and she has advised not to front load our medicals and police checks so will wait for contact from CO and then do the meds and pcc.

On 14/03/2019 at 11:28, JohnDoug said:

Thank you, we did not receive an invite for 189. We are using a MA and she has advised not to front load our medicals and police checks so will wait for contact from CO and then do the meds and pcc.

Thank you. we too got 190 invite and waiting for nomination.

• 4 weeks later...