IT Project Manager

Stephix26

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience of working in IT Project Management and/or Business Analysis in Australia? Or even specifically South Australia? My husband and I work in these roles in the UK.

Looking for general information around job availability, career prospects, average salary, working conditions, work life balance etc. 

Thank you! 

There's demand for both in Sydney at the moment, as most of the banks/insurance companies are divesting their life insurance business and a good number of other large scale projects. There are good contractor rates to be had, but I'm not so clear on perm opportunities. 

I can't speak about working conditions, although it's safe to assume the same as the UK, for any large office based employer. Work-life balance, depends on what you're working on presumably.  My colleagues, who are PMs, don't work massively long hours but do have full days and most will be in the office early or late, at least 3-4 times per week. No demand for out of hours working though (evenings and weekends). 

• 2 months later...
On 26/01/2019 at 14:51, Stephix26 said:

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience of working in IT Project Management and/or Business Analysis in Australia? Or even specifically South Australia? My husband and I work in these roles in the UK.

Looking for general information around job availability, career prospects, average salary, working conditions, work life balance etc. 

Thank you! 

Hi @Stephix26 !

Stumbled upon your post. Are you looking for IT PM roles in South Australia? 

Im actually waiting for my grant for SA 489 under the same job code. Would love to hear about your job hunting experience!

Edited by Bazooka Boy