register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Stephix26

IT Project Manager

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience of working in IT Project Management and/or Business Analysis in Australia? Or even specifically South Australia? My husband and I work in these roles in the UK.

Looking for general information around job availability, career prospects, average salary, working conditions, work life balance etc. 

Thank you! 

There's demand for both in Sydney at the moment, as most of the banks/insurance companies are divesting their life insurance business and a good number of other large scale projects. There are good contractor rates to be had, but I'm not so clear on perm opportunities. 

I can't speak about working conditions, although it's safe to assume the same as the UK, for any large office based employer. Work-life balance, depends on what you're working on presumably.  My colleagues, who are PMs, don't work massively long hours but do have full days and most will be in the office early or late, at least 3-4 times per week. No demand for out of hours working though (evenings and weekends). 

309/100 visa application lodged 28/08/13 | Visa sub-class 309 granted 09/05/14 | Arrived NSW 27/05/15 | 100 (PR) visa application lodged 27/09/15 | PR granted 13/04/16

Have a look on seek.com.au and use the filters to make it more specific to your roles and for Adelaide.