HELP re Primary schools Bayside Melbourne

IIEN

Hi we are planning to move to Melbourne April 2019. I would really appreciate advice on how to /what the process is to apply to schools mid school year. Is there any website that shows what schools have availability ? My children are  in their second term of Years 1 and Year 4 in UK. The location we choose in Bayside will be determined by best schools - i.e we will rent beside right school. Does anyone have any advice/experience on best mixed state or catholic schools in the area please ? Thank you.

Government schools must provide a place for students that live in their catchment area and can choose to accept students from outside that zone if they have space - their website will usually state if they are only accepting enrolments from within their catchment, otherwise if you contact them directly they will be able to tell you.  This of course means that it can be extremely difficult to find housing in the catchments of the schools that are seen to be the "best" - bearing in mind that a school that is a good fit for one family or one child isn't going to be a good fit for another. 

Edited by AussieMum
extra info
  • Like 1