Is it all possible??

GLloydJ

Hi☺

After a lovely month in Adelaide we have made the decision...it is the place for us!! I just wish it would be easy to emigrate! My sister lives in Adelaide and has citizenship, would this be the best way in applying for a visa? I understand that she must have certain amount in the bank to prove she can provide for us..is this true? Obviously we would transfer money!  

My husband is a builder/Electrician with 12+yrs experience and im a Baker / patissier.  

Would we find it difficult to secure a job?

We have 3 children (15,11 and 8 yrs old) and they desperately want to go back as they miss family and the outdoor lifestyle.

It just seems so so difficult to even apply for a visa😢 

Thank you

Hi.

I'm an electrician myself and I've gone down the skilled visa route. SA currently have electricians on their skills list so this could be a route for either a 189/190 route .
But you would have to calculate your points based on age, experience and what electrical qualifications he has etc.

Alternatively your profession maybe on their skills list so that could also be a way.

If you need any info regarding what's involved via the electrician route then I'm more than welcome to explain the route.

Thanks

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply! Much appreciated. 

Is there any other electrical qualification he must complete in the UK before applying? The trouble is he only has the 17th edition, is this a problem? 

Did you manage to secure a job once you arrived in OZ? 

Sorry for all the questions! 

Thanks☺

• 2 weeks later...

When I did it they told me all I needed was 7 years experience, I did however have cert 3 and 17th, I used a company called future skills international. It’s expensive time consuming complicated and very frustrating but I did it on my own with little help. If you search here you can even find the answers to the questions you get asked in the exam. 

One thing is you will maybe lose 10 points on the actual visa application because he does not have ‘qualification in chosen trade’    (Maybe 17th is good enough though) He has 12 years experience which will bump up your point but I’ll warn you that you have to prove every day of that, I didn’t bother claiming any experience because of this, they want everyday for 12 years, it’s impossible. I ended up going hard at the English test and getting superior, which to be fair was the easiest part of the whole experience. Good luck. All in all it took me 6 months but I was in oz already. Also you’re not a electrician straight away. You need to basically do 6 month apprenticeship here to get a licence. No joke.