UPP on UK pension

Fisher1

Sorry to revisit old  ground but I can't find the post I'm looking for. There is a poster on here whose wife is a retired UK teacher, claiming tax relief on the UPP of her teachers' pension.  I've exchanged posts with him before but cannot find them, and am looking for help trying to get a written confirmation of the UPP on my own teachers' pension. The Teachers' pension admins say it isn't possible.

Thanks for reading 

3 hours ago, Bridgeman said:

Hi, yes I think that might have been me.   As I understand it you need to find out what your own contributions to the pension fund were.  Its early here so OH is still sleeping but I will be able to check paperwork later and get back to you.

Yes Bridgeman it was you - I remember now I see your username in front of me!  I have already tried to get the tp web site to give me the documentation I need but they are spectacularly unhelpful. Sorry to rake this up again, I know you've answered me before on this!  If you could ask your OH how she got the documented info, I'd be eternally grateful - I've just realised what a difference it could make if I get the extra tax allowance. 

Thank you!

Sorry for the delay in replying, we have family staying so its bedlam here!  She wrote to the Teachers Pension who were able to give us part of the information as they had service records from 1993 to 2004.  She was able to get the missing recent  information from her employer.  Hope this helps.  It is a bit hit and miss and I did read of someone on here who gave up as they couldn't get the information.  We were lucky I think.  You could try your employers.  If you can get at least some of the information it might help.  Good luck!