Living in Kalgoorlie

EmmaLouise

Never lived there, wife's Aunt used to and we visited a few times.

Pros - Loads of pubs.

Cons - virtually everything else. There's not much to do, it's a mining town and is set up as such, pubs and brothels. The shops were half day on a Saturday (closed Sunday) and, once you've been to the super pit and mining museum, you've nailed the attractions.

It's not a bad place, it's a mining town in the middle of nowhere, it is what it is. Wouldn't move there with a family, if it's just the two of you, fair enough.

I'm living here and have since we got here in June 2015, I'm on a 457 awaiting my PR to approved. Its a small town and for me been so far away from other places is my biggest problem ( 6hr drive to Perth and 4hrs to Esperance). There is flights to Perth daily and to Melbourne on a Friday and a drain that takes the same as driving. 

The town is becoming a family town unlike the lads town image it had a while back. We don't mind it and the town has served us well but will be moving on next year,

Plenty of schools and daycare (My wife is family day care btw).

House rentals are  in demand as there isn't too many so prices are high, we mortgage here and there is loads to on the market so depends what your plan is.A few touristy things to do like the Super Pit look out, lakes, and the museums but not loads. Good gyms, swimming pools and stuffLike the above person said there is plenty of good section of pubs and restaurants, the shops are ok just the usual kmart, target etc.

What scope of work you both doing?