You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Amourah

Cruising on a Bridging Visa A

Hello all. I'm currently on a Bridging Visa A and I have decided that I want to leave  Australian and return to my home country. I have booked a cruise out of the country. This cruise starts in  Sydney, goes to Brisbane, then to Darwin, then onward internationally.  My question is, since I'm not allowed to return on a Bridging Visa A, am I technically leaving the country between Aus ports and going to be denied entry, or will I be okay?

Follow up question - if I'll do indeed need  an ETA, is there anyway to get one while  in Aus or can I  apply for one between Sydney and Brisbane if they define that as leaving the country?

For some cruises, you are deemed never to have left Australia.

You best strategy is probably to apply for a bridging visa B BEFORE you depart.

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com

Thank you for your comment.  I gave it some more thought and I don't think I'll qualify for a Bridging B. I'm going to cancel my cruise and just fly out of Oz entirety then cruise from outside.

I'm going to cancel my cruise and just fly out of Oz entirety then cruise from outside.

It might be in your best interests to consult  registered migration agent for advice about developing a travel strategy.

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com