Melbourne Suburbs suggestions..

RaT

Any suggestions for suburbs near to Melbourne to live. Will have to be within reasonable distance (commuting) of the main airport. Would prefer something nearer the coast and easy access to the city center for the OH work.....not asking much are we...!! Any suggestions?

Guest Pinhead

There is a regular shuttle service from Spencer Street station in the CBD to Tullamarine airport (main airport) which runs every 20 or 30 minutes. If you want somewhere close to the coast with easy access to the CBD I would suggest the coastal area SE of the city either between St Kilda to Sandringham or Mordialloc to Frankston. There are regular trains/trams into the city which will connect you up with the shuttle bus at Spencer Street station.

Should have been a bit more specific...will have a car for commuting to airport due to shift work etc....but OH will probably use Public Transport to get to city center for normal office hours working.

Guest Pinhead

Sorry I can't help re car routes (I lived in the city & used public transport all the time) other than to say that the main road from the city to the airport is a toll road.

I'd still look at living South of the city rather than North, much nicer areas.

I take it one of you will be working at the airport is that right ? Then I would not live anywhere south of the Yarra river as you would have to go through the city every day and its not fun when you want to get home:smile:.

If it was me I would be looking at Essendon, Strathfield, Ascot Vale, Moonee Ponds, Keilor, Pascoe Vale, Sunbury none of them on the coast. Suburbs with access to the Western Ring Road, Tullamarine freeway.:smile:

Guest coventryBillynowMelbourne

lol, mmm, all the suburbs near the airport have plenty of colouful cultures, expensive, dirty,polluted and cramped, u wanna live near geelong, good property prices, good to excellent freeway to melb, 1 hr max, anyway near the beach u might want to win tatts lotto

Archived