Contributory parent subclass 864

TonySleepwalker

Hi everyone.

I am just wondering if someone is waiting 864 visa here.

I have applied for my mother in March 2017, the processing times on the official website were 15 months. It is been 20 months since and nothing is happening.

I send empty emails to PVC from time to time and monitor how PVS process contributory visa applicants.

Right now they are processing 864 visa applicants who applied before 27/10/2016 and the queue didn't move for the last 8 months.

Actually for the last financial year they processed only 1.5 months worth of 864/884 applications (applied between 08/09/2016-27/10/2016). Meanwhile approx 6 months worth of 173/143 visa applicants  were processed in the same timeframe (applied between 25/11/2014-25/05/2015)

So definitely something is going on and 15 months for 864 was just misleading information when we applied.

My understanding is that all contributory visa subclasses applicants should be treated equally while we all are subject to the same capping and queueing.

Why 864 is delayed I have no idea.

Any suggestions?

PS I have attached the picture of my requests to PVC.

Contributory.PNG

We also applied for the 864 visa in March 2017, but have withdrawn our application and reapplied for the new pathway 143 for retirees on the 410/405 visa.

I don’t profess to really know, but it has been suggested that the wait time for processing the  864 has been joined to the waiting time for the 143 visa?

The date of 27th oct 2016 hasn’t changed for over 2 years!!

We are stupidly so naive when applying for the parent visas that we believe the information (lies?) on the official government websites. One year to process!! Oh whoops more likely to take 4 in reality.