best exchange rates

Guest lynneunderwood

Guest lynneunderwood

Hi

We are moving to Sydney from Dublin ireland at the end August 08 cant wait but we are now looking around to find the best way to change our euros into dollas anybody out ther got any advice on the best way to do this cheers xxxxxxxx:goofy:

Guest The Baggo's

We opened an account with Commonwealth Bank in London who have a special section for people emigrating. They have very good rates and your funds are moved into your commonwealth bank account here. You don't pay charges on amounts over£30k I think - under that amount its £15. We were pleased we used them.

Guest Sunsh1ne

Hi - we used (and are still using) Moneycorp - similar to Hifx I think - received great advice and assistance.

Guest coventryBillynowMelbourne

wait and keep ur cash over there until exchange gets bck to normal

Guest jchrisj
wait and keep ur cash over there until exchange gets bck to normal

What is classed as normal?

Chris

Yeah, who's to say what's normal. I'm obviously not too happy that the exchange rate from £ to aus$ is much worse than it has been, but the way the market works there's no assurance that the £ will get stonger against the aus$ again. In fact it could go either way.

Guest Peteski76

Hey,

I used (and will continue to use) Ozforex (www.ozforex.com.au) who are very reasonable - transfers under £2,000 cost £7 but over that its all free. The rate is better than banks offer and the more you change at one time the better the rate gets.

As for what is a normal exchange rate, I transferred some money over in Jan 07 and got 2.5134, the reduction is a real pain, but it would take more than my few grand to change the rates :dull:.

Peter

Yeah, it's about 2.05 now.

I do have a fair bit of money in my account (mostly inheritance money) and am not sure if I'll transfer it all. I'll have to see what the laws are about having a U.K. bank account whilst living abroad, or if I can invest it somewhere.

Archived