Can we have both visas

muffin72

As I will be interested in applying for the new 143 parent visa without children   I still have 2 years to run on my 410 visa.   As we like to travel a great deal  does anyone know IF when we are on the list for the 143 we can renew our 410 visa so we can travel  If not  it would m,ke sense to lose 2 years and renew the 410 now I believe  we are 80

7 minutes ago, wrussell said:

It is possible to hold more than one visa at a time, but only 1 at a time can be active.

It is possible for  the grant of a less favourable visa  to replace a more favourable visa .

Thank you  I just wanted to be able to travel as much as we can and not have to purchase the bva bridging one hoping the 410 visa would still be 'active and alive' until; I was given the 143 and [paid the final $43,000    I thought that would be the cheaper option than buying thew bridging visa every time I wanted to cruise etc

We are in almost the same position. 2 years left on our 410. We had applied for the 864 parent visa, but are going to withdraw and apply for the 143. Might not be any quicker but Saves our son being involved and the hassle with AOS. 

The other decision to make will be do we renew our 410 if it takes longer than 2 years or go on a bridging visa? Prefer renewing 410 I think.

Will be very interesting how many of 405/410 visa holders take up the offer. Out of our local group on the Sunshine Coast, at least 10 couples have gone back to UK over the last few years, and we are the only ones who will take it up.

39 minutes ago, ramot said:

We are in almost the same position. 2 years left on our 410. We had applied for the 864 parent visa, but are going to withdraw and apply for the 143. Might not be any quicker but Saves our son being involved and the hassle with AOS. 

The other decision to make will be do we renew our 410 if it takes longer than 2 years or go on a bridging visa? Prefer renewing 410 I think.

Will be very interesting how many of 405/410 visa holders take up the offer. Out of our local group on the Sunshine Coast, at least 10 couples have gone back to UK over the last few years, and we are the only ones who will take it up.

I  have printed out the 47ap form and am surprised that it ants details of all my children although they are in Uk and have no intention  or wish to come over and are over 55 so too old anyway  I wish they had made a simplified form just for the retirees application

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wrussell said:

It is possible to hold more than one visa at a time, but only 1 at a time can be active.

It is possible for  the grant of a less favourable visa  to replace a more favourable visa .

Would you know if there is to be a separate pathway application form for the 143 visa for 405/410 visa holders, or will we have to muddle through the existing one which isn’t relevant to our situation.

Thank you

58 minutes ago, ramot said:

Would you know if there is to be a separate pathway application form for the 143 visa for 405/410 visa holders, or will we have to muddle through the existing one which isn’t relevant to our situation.

Thank you

I was told that the NEW 47pa which was recently given is the one for 410's

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, wrussell said:

Thank you Mr Russell  re-reading this reply  I would take it that we would be wasting our money renewing our 410 visa 2 years early in order to travel as I understand from what you hjave said it would be superceded by the 143 visa so we would have to apply for the bridging visa  in order to return to australia.  If this is the case  How long does the bridging visa we would 'purchase?" last  thanks in advance

1 hour ago, muffin72 said:

Thank you Mr Russell  re-reading this reply  I would take it that we would be wasting our money renewing our 410 visa 2 years early in order to travel as I understand from what you hjave said it would be superceded by the 143 visa so we would have to apply for the bridging visa  in order to return to australia.  If this is the case  How long does the bridging visa we would 'purchase?" last  thanks in advance

1 hour ago, muffin72 said:

Alan Collette replied to me quite some months ago when I asked should we renew our 410 visa if our 864 application hadn’t come through in time, and he replied yes renew it to be on the safe side. I honestly don’t know the ins and outs of visa rules, but we are on a temporary visa and applying for a PR one, so according to A Collettes reply it should be fine? We won’t worry until ours needs renewing.

2 hours ago, ramot said:

Alan Collette replied to me quite some months ago when I asked should we renew our 410 visa if our 864 application hadn’t come through in time, and he replied yes renew it to be on the safe side. I honestly don’t know the ins and outs of visa rules, but we are on a temporary visa and applying for a PR one, so according to A Collettes reply it should be fine? We won’t worry until ours needs renewing.

I think the question is  "Can you renew your 410 visa if you have been put on the queue for the 143 visa or is this classified as a substantive visa

Just been looking at the check list for paperwork to go with the application

How many of us still have our children's birth certificates when they are all ,over 55 and live in a different country so to get them and have a copy certified will take time

I fail to understand why if we are not needing to have the balance of family part of the application we need to have all these proofs also proof of where they live etc  

• Sad 1

I wonder if you reposted this in the parent visa/other topics thread you might get more response, as I only picked this up by chance, as I hardly ever read this visa section as it doesn’t normally affect me. 

Cant answer your question, haven’t up loaded the form yet, but it is daft, especially when most 410 holders I know don’t have any children.

1 hour ago, ramot said:

I wonder if you reposted this in the parent visa/other topics thread you might get more response, as I only picked this up by chance, as I hardly ever read this visa section as it doesn’t normally affect me. 

Cant answer your question, haven’t up loaded the form yet, but it is daft, especially when most 410 holders I know don’t have any children.

I have hunted and am not sure which thread/forum you mean  could you give me a link perhaps    I did try on on forum but no replies so probably the wrong one  Thanks

43 minutes ago, muffin72 said:

I have hunted and am not sure which thread/forum you mean  could you give me a link perhaps    I did try on on forum but no replies so probably the wrong one  Thanks

Partner/family visas and then on the parent visa thread or just that under on other topics.

Suggest you post under a different heading asking for example how to fill the application form in when lots isn’t relevant to retirement visa holders applying.

I have recently posted there and Alan has replied so you can see what he said