Successful rate under 457 grandfathering provisions

Hi all, 

not too sure if the answer even exists for my question but was hoping if anyone can share their opinion/advice.

basically I’m lucky enough to be under 457 grandfathering provision. However I’m concerned if the 186 visa would be rejected after waiting for, say 15 months, since the application lodged ? The occupation is moved to short term list under new 457 visa (forgot about the name) which makes me think the government may think the skillset is no longer required. 

Does anyone can comment on the successful rate or pass rate for 186 visa under 457 grandfathering provision? 

Cheers, 

It is too early to tell due to the current long processing times.

The grandfathering provisions are part of the Regulations and not just Policy, so there should be no issue as long as requirements are met.

The relevant Ministerial Instrument allowing for the Grandfathering arrangements is in force until March 2022.

13 hours ago, Raul Senise said:

It is too early to tell due to the current long processing times.

The grandfathering provisions are part of the Regulations and not just Policy, so there should be no issue as long as requirements are met.

The relevant Ministerial Instrument allowing for the Grandfathering arrangements is in force until March 2022.

Thanks so much for the quick response.

I do hear the rumors saying it’s about 50% to 70% rejection rate for 186 visa. Was it safe to say more or less it’s just sales talk? 

10 hours ago, Watermelonpie said:

Thanks so much for the quick response.

I do hear the rumors saying it’s about 50% to 70% rejection rate for 186 visa. Was it safe to say more or less it’s just sales talk? 

It's not that high.

I cant remember the exact figures but for 186 it was about 35% and for 187 it was about 50%.

Refusals are increasing across many visa categories and it is very important to lodge well prepared applications with all necessary documents.

• Like 1