Partner visa

Seasea7

My partner and I are about to start the visa process from the UK. 

I am Australian and he is South African and we have our daughter who is almost one. 

I am under the impression that because we have been in a relationship and have our daughter he will most likely be granted PR straight away. 

My main question ( and excuse me if it’s stupid) what actual visa do we apply for? I’ve see subclass 801 and 301 and I and confused at what one to apply for ( leaning towards the 801) 

wanting to do this all with our a lawyer or representation so have lots of question 

thank you in advance z

9 hours ago, Seasea7 said:

My partner and I are about to start the visa process from the UK. 

I am Australian and he is South African and we have our daughter who is almost one. 

I am under the impression that because we have been in a relationship and have our daughter he will most likely be granted PR straight away. 

My main question ( and excuse me if it’s stupid) what actual visa do we apply for? I’ve see subclass 801 and 301 and I and confused at what one to apply for ( leaning towards the 801) 

wanting to do this all with our a lawyer or representation so have lots of question 

thank you in advance z

Don't know what the 301 is.

If you are applying offshore you apply for the 309/100

If applying onshore you apply for the 820/801

As long as you have been together for 2 years( it would be 3 without the child) PR will be granted straightaway, thats 801 or 100