You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Joe@

Oil and Gas Industry Employment Australia

Hi..Can you please tell what are the opportunities in Oil & Gas Industry at Australia?..

Hi @Joe I have placed your post in to it’s own thread so that people can see it. I haven’t heard a lot recently but I know 2 years back people were struggling to find work in the industry and were doing FIFO to the Middle East. I’m not sure if nothing has changed.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

3 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

Hi @Joe I have placed your post in to it’s own thread so that people can see it. I haven’t heard a lot recently but I know 2 years back people were struggling to find work in the industry and were doing FIFO to the Middle East. I’m not sure if nothing has changed.

Thank you...when I analyzed, I came to know that most of Oil and Gas related jobs are based on WA/NT/QLD..and presently, I am working at UAE...please let me know if there is any updates..

• Like 1

It really depends on what area of the industry you are looking at? The offshore oil and gas industry off WA and NT is picking up again after several years of lay offs, I know in the in construction and rigs some companies are suddenly short of skills again (a very predictable outcome when they let go so many skills). 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CaptainR said:

It really depends on what area of the industry you are looking at? The offshore oil and gas industry off WA and NT is picking up again after several years of lay offs, I know in the in construction and rigs some companies are suddenly short of skills again (a very predictable outcome when they let go so many skills). 

Thank you for your valuable information...I have been working as a Project Planner in midstream (Crude Oil processing) and downstream segments (Oil Refinery/Petrochemical)...hope industry will come back strongly..

I have the same hopes for next year.

Skills Assessment 05/01/2015; Approved 04/03/2015, IELTS (Overall 7) 14/03/2015; EOI 27/03/2015; Invitation 10/04/2015; Visa applied 15/04/2015; PCC 27/04/2015; Medicals 24/04/2015; Visa Grant 06/07/2015 :ssign7:Visa validation trip February 2016.