WHERE'S MY CASE OFFICER GONE????

Guest sneaky

My case officer keeps doing a disapearing act....

When i was first given my case officer, i was given till the 15th December to submit my Medical, and Police checks. During this time, my case officer was out of the office.

I have now recieved an e-mail telling me that he is again out of the office until 31st December.

Is my case being delt with??? I've not had any confirmation that my documents have been recieved.

How long does this part of the process normally take???

DO YOU EVER GET THAT FEELING YOU'VE BEEN FORGOTTEN ABOUT!!!!!!

Guest Gollywobbler

Hello Sneaky

A friend of mine rang the ASPC last night because she was etting "out of the office for the next three month" visas from her CO. She believed these e-mails, obviously. They didn't say who was going to look after her application during her normal CO's extended absence.

He call to the ASPC last night revealed that they've got serious problems with their e-mail system at the minute, but the CO is still there, has no intention of disappearing for 3-4 months, and was not aware that the system had sent these e-mails.

Apparently the problem lies with the on-line enquiry form that has recently been introduced by DIMA. Te idea of it is that instead of COs and Procesing Centres being bombarded with e-mails that have to be sifted manually, redirected manually if need be and so forth, the new idea is Better! Supposedly.

In theory, you complete the on-line form and a central unit in Canberra which seems to be semi automated whill forward the form as appropriate, prompting an intelligent response from the right person.

In practice, the new system has teething problems and is generating replies like the one my friend received, which caused her a great deal of worry for nothing, it turns out. When people take annual leave nowadays, the custom is to set up an autoreply which will inform senders of e-mail when one will be back in the office, and who to contact during one's absence.

It coul be that your CO has been saving up annual leave, but it could simply be that you are getting nonsense replies pushed out by the system.

In your shoes. I think I would be inclined to ring Adelaide to check out the story told by their e-mails.

Cheers

Gill

Guest The Brooks

Hi Gill

Sorry to go off the thread, but my main app is ready to g, what woulf you advise send now or wait till the new year. I umderstand DIMA closes down for xmas, just worried no body would be there to sign for it and dont want it going missing

Thanks in advance

Sam

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Sam

Your decision is for you alone to make, obviously. If it were me, I would send the application regardless of the forthcoming holiday break.

Please see here:

http://www.australia.org.uk/lhlh/Holidays.html

Those are the dates on which the AHC in London will be closed, and the same in Australia. Auspost and the Royal Mail (plus all the courier companies) will all be closed on these dates as well, so I don't think there is any risk of someone trying to deliver your application during a Bank Holiday in Australia.

Good luck with your application, however you decide to play this one.

Cheers

Gill

Guest gail.crease

I had the same problem this week. I sent an email to my case officer to say that the medicals were on their way to Oz and asked him to confirm that there was nothing else outstanding. I got an out of office receipt to say he was out of the office until 31st March!!! In his email was a link to the new form that we need to use instead of contacting case officers now. I got a reply to say that another case officer will deal with it in his absence but didn't tell me who. All I can do is sit and wait now.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Gail

Your experience is exactly the same as my friend described to me. Both of the e-mails turned out to be errors in the new system, and neither was generated by a human clicking a mouse.

I suspect that if you were to phone the ASPC and speak with a human. you would be told a totally different story, just as my chum was.

Cheers

Gill

Guest gail.crease

Hi Gill

That's good to know. I was panicking. It's awful to come this far then be delayed at the last hurdle.

Regards

Gail

Hello

Just had an E-mail from my Case Officer :shock: He says that my application will be processed within the next week!!!! :D

Fingers crossed, it looks like i was worried about nothing.

Its always in the back of my mind that i wont get accepted. I was wondering how many people using this forum have been rejected, it must be the worst feeling in the world :cry:

Hello

Just had an E-mail from my Case Officer :shock: He says that my application will be processed within the next week!!!! :D

Its always in the back of my mind that i wont get accepted. I was wondering how many people using this forum have been rejected, it must be the worst feeling in the world :cry:

Hello

Archived