489 to 887 visa

Armit

Hi I am on 489 visa and granted bridging visa on 25 oct 2016 ( final grant on 6 December 2016 ) . Moreover, I travelled overseas for three times in 2 year so far ( Ist trip for 56days , 2nd for 6 days and third for 27 days) .so, when do you think I should go for 887 visa .

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

I am new to this thread...my question is I am the main applicant of 489 visa.

After 2yrs we are going to apply 887 visa, there my husband will be the main applicant.

But he doesn't have functional english proofs so we paid second instalment for that..will it be a Barrier to apply as the main applicant in 887.

Thank you

After two years he should be able to achieve functional English. If he is going to be the one working then he will need it anyway. I would always say if you are going to migrate then you need to learn the language of that country as it makes everything so much easier and allows you to enjoy life to the full. 

I used to see English people who had retired to Spain and never bothered to learn Spanish, they ended up more isolated than those who did learn. And plenty of Spanish people can and do speak good English so they can get by but cannot totally integrate.