Medical Requirements and Form 80

KatyM19

Hey, wondering if anyone can help. I lodged my 186 visa yesterday and when I log on today it has a section about needing the health requirements. Do I do this straight away, or wait for a case officer to be assigned and notify of when I should do it? 

Also, should I upload form 80? Or wait for a request for it? 

Thank you 

On 05/09/2018 at 18:04, KatyM19 said:

Hey, wondering if anyone can help. I lodged my 186 visa yesterday and when I log on today it has a section about needing the health requirements. Do I do this straight away, or wait for a case officer to be assigned and notify of when I should do it? 

Also, should I upload form 80? Or wait for a request for it? 

Thank you 

If you have a family members included in your application. I would say do madical now because in the process of medical assessment sometime they find something wrong which leads delay processing to be cleared. In my case it wasted my 2 months all (3person) medical’s to be cleared. One of my family member had an issue. I could have been granted my visa 2 months ago. But if you are single and believe yourself a better health with no health concern then wait for CO.

Edited by KazBaker

Thank you. It's myself and my partner on the application. I think I will do it now then.

When submitting my application, it also asked for 'dependency, evidence of' for my partner. This confused me because he is not financially dependent on me. So I attached documents that were evidence of our relationship- lease, bills, flight confirmations etc. Is that correct?  

According to the home affairs website 186 visa applications are currently taking 13-14 months to process. Medical documents are valid for 12 months so if you do your medicals now they will be invalid by the time they open your case file and you'll have to complete them again.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/access-accountability/service-standards/global-visa-citizenship-processing-times

Edited by Diamond Nine

12 hours ago, Diamond Nine said:

According to the home affairs website 186 visa applications are currently taking 13-14 months to process. Medical documents are valid for 12 months so if you do your medicals now they will be invalid by the time they open your case file and you'll have to complete them again.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/access-accountability/service-standards/global-visa-citizenship-processing-times

Agreed but what happens when you have found a problem in medical examination and you need 2/3 months to fix it. Better do medical after 3/4 months later following visa application. My MA suggested me do medical when CO wants me to do and originally when CO tells me to do it and my son had an issue which wasted my 2 months by running between doctors door. I have been through Terrible experience though i suggest if you have family unit in visa application you should do medical after 3/4 months later visa lodgement. 

Edited by KazBaker

5 hours ago, KazBaker said:

Agreed but what happens when you have found a problem in medical examination and you need 2/3 months to fix it. Better do medical after 3/4 months later following visa application. My MA suggested me do medical when CO wants me to do and originally when CO tells me to do it and my son had an issue which wasted my 2 months by running between doctors door. I have been through Terrible experience though i suggest if you have family unit in visa application you should do medical after 3/4 months later visa lodgement. 

I totally agree. However in your first post you advised to do the medicals right now which is not good advice. If I were to the OP I'd be waiting 6 months minimum until I did the medicals.