UAE police clearance

dodagatta

Hi everyone, I m presently living in Melbourne and applying for PR shortly. I need to apply for UAE police clearance, can anyone explain the process please. I checked the online services as well but it's very confusing. On the website they are asking for fingerprints etc etc which is not possible from here.

Not sure if it is still them same now (I had to get police clearances from Dubai about 10 years ago) but there was a different process depending on whether you needed it from Dubai or Abu Dhabi. For me, getting the police clearances for Dubai was the biggest pain in the whole visa process.

I did mine from London, so had to get fingerprints taken at Scotland Yard (they wouldn't allow it to be done at the local police station), I then had to take the fingerprints to a place in Milton Keynes (no longer open) to get them authenticated. I had to get an application form from the UAE embassy in London and then return to the embassy with all the paperwork plus the payment which had to be a banker's draft in US dollars (which wasn't straight forward either from Barclays). This all got sent to Dubai and once processed I think I may have had to go back to the embassy to collect it (but they may have sent it direct - can't remember now).

The whole process took weeks to do.

Not sure how the process works now or how different it is getting them while in Australia.

How long ago was it since you were resident in UAE? If it was a while ago, maybe wait until it was more than 10 years and then apply!!

Good luck. 

• Like 1

Not sure if it is still them same now (I had to get police clearances from Dubai about 10 years ago) but there was a different process depending on whether you needed it from Dubai or Abu Dhabi. For me, getting the police clearances for Dubai was the biggest pain in the whole visa process.
I did mine from London, so had to get fingerprints taken at Scotland Yard (they wouldn't allow it to be done at the local police station), I then had to take the fingerprints to a place in Milton Keynes (no longer open) to get them authenticated. I had to get an application form from the UAE embassy in London and then return to the embassy with all the paperwork plus the payment which had to be a banker's draft in US dollars (which wasn't straight forward either from Barclays). This all got sent to Dubai and once processed I think I may have had to go back to the embassy to collect it (but they may have sent it direct - can't remember now).
The whole process took weeks to do.
Not sure how the process works now or how different it is getting them while in Australia.
How long ago was it since you were resident in UAE? If it was a while ago, maybe wait until it was more than 10 years and then apply!!
Good luck. 

It was 3 years back and thanks for the info. Hopefully the process has been changed.

• 6 months later...

Hi,

I've just been through the process. There's loads of conflicting info on line but here's what worked for me (bearing in mind that I think this only applies if you have an Emirates ID number).

Go to the UAE Ministry of Interior website, click Important Services, then Criminal Record Certificate for Clients Outside Country. Fill in your details including your Emirates ID number, pay the fee (just over 100 dirhams), and in about 24 hours they'll email the certificate to you.

I lived in Dubai which wasn't an option in the drop-down menu when I was doing my application, but I selected Abu Dhabi (where I never lived) and it didn't make any difference. An employee of the consulate in Melbourne told me to do that.

So if you've got an Emirates ID number, you don't need fingerprints, verification of documents, snail mail, etc. It was very straight forward in the end once I knew what to do.

By the way, my wife lost her Emirates ID number. She called Dubai Police and after being passed around to a few different people, they finally gave her number to her over the phone!

Hope the above is helpful for people.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi DubDxbMel,

I want to apply for police clearance and have my emirates ID (from 2012) as well but the issue is that I have renewed my passport. So I wanted to know if your certificate mentions your passport number. My previous PC which I did while was in UAE mentioned my PP no. If you can advise on this issue, it would be great. Thanks.

• 7 months later...
On 23/03/2019 at 10:52, DubDbxMel said:

Hi,

I've just been through the process. There's loads of conflicting info on line but here's what worked for me (bearing in mind that I think this only applies if you have an Emirates ID number).

Go to the UAE Ministry of Interior website, click Important Services, then Criminal Record Certificate for Clients Outside Country. Fill in your details including your Emirates ID number, pay the fee (just over 100 dirhams), and in about 24 hours they'll email the certificate to you.

I lived in Dubai which wasn't an option in the drop-down menu when I was doing my application, but I selected Abu Dhabi (where I never lived) and it didn't make any difference. An employee of the consulate in Melbourne told me to do that.

So if you've got an Emirates ID number, you don't need fingerprints, verification of documents, snail mail, etc. It was very straight forward in the end once I knew what to do.

By the way, my wife lost her Emirates ID number. She called Dubai Police and after being passed around to a few different people, they finally gave her number to her over the phone!

I hope I am not too late to ask this doubt, but can you please let me know what did you enter for the country? https://portal.moi.gov.ae/eservices/PolicingServices/Certificates/ClearanceCertificate.aspx?Culture=en

Mobile Number:
Email Address:
Destination
 Inside UAE Outside UAE 
Issuance Emirate:
Delivery Method:

Thanks in advance. 
Regards
Saj

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/03/2019 at 10:52, DubDbxMel said:

Hi,

Hi, 

Requesting your valuable input to the previous message.