Allied pickfords - good or bad?

restfamily

Hi

Just had a few quotes and despite being the most expensive I think I am going to go with Allied Pickfords. I have looked all over the site and have only seen good stuff, but I thought I would just check.

Anyone had anything other than good service from them?

Ta

Guest spray21

We are using them too, but luckily we did not have to choose a company - Allied are the company that the Aussie Army uses for international relocations. We haven't moved yet, but so far they have been lovely & very helpful, and we have heard from other people who have moved already that the movers were great - no complaints! (Glad I'm not paying the bill though!)

We are using them too, but luckily we did not have to choose a company - Allied are the company that the Aussie Army uses for international relocations. We haven't moved yet, but so far they have been lovely & very helpful, and we have heard from other people who have moved already that the movers were great - no complaints! (Glad I'm not paying the bill though!)

Am glad you have heard good reports as we will be dealing with them soon!! :D

Guest spray21

Have you got them booked in yet? Once we FINALLY exchange contracts then we'll know our completion date (15th jan, fingers crossed!) and then we can book in the movers. Stuff'll only have to be stored for a month then it can be shipped - yay! It is all finally coming together. God, by the time I've got it all done and have time for my friends I'll be on the other side of the world with no mates and no visa application to fill out! Maybe I'll get started on a Canadian one, I hear they take a few years to go through... :)

Have you got them booked in yet? Once we FINALLY exchange contracts then we'll know our completion date (15th jan, fingers crossed!) and then we can book in the movers. Stuff'll only have to be stored for a month then it can be shipped - yay! It is all finally coming together. God, by the time I've got it all done and have time for my friends I'll be on the other side of the world with no mates and no visa application to fill out! Maybe I'll get started on a Canadian one, I hear they take a few years to go through... :)

Not booked in yet, am waiting for all the paperwork from the High Commission although have had our posting order through! OH is enlisting on 12th February and starts work on 19th February :shock:

• 1 month later...
Guest spray21

Just a quick update - they came week before last and packed our house up, they were lovely. I have nothing but praise for them so far! Let's just hope it all turns up unbroken at the other end!

Just a quick update - they came week before last and packed our house up, they were lovely. I have nothing but praise for them so far! Let's just hope it all turns up unbroken at the other end!

Glad it all went OK. They are in with us on 29th January. How long did it take to pack everything up? They are apparently with us for the week!! :roll:

Guest spray21

Blimey! You must have more stuff than us! They arrived Monday morning, about 9, and left Wednesday lunchtime. But then it was just a 3-bed house with the 2 of us living there, and we'd taken out a carload of stuff to see us through the next few months until our flight. Hopefully what we have with us now will fit in to our air-freight and baggage allowance so we will have it fairly quickly at the other end.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

We used Allied Pickfords in September last year and they were great! Only had one glass a couple of garden pots broken and that was the entire contents of a 3 bed house!

Very friendly, not the cheapest but definately the best and so efficient when you get here and they just unpack, take the whole load of boxes away and get on their way. They will even put everything exactly where you want it, i changed my mind on a couple of things, and it was no problem for them at all!

Jackie

• 2 years later...
Guest miss m

Pickfords were great, kept in touch regarding the progress, only one lasagne dish broken at the other end!

We moved with them in January and they were very good. The men in England were helpful efficient and friendly whereas the ones here in Oz were friendly but not such hard workers. We did have a few broken items but the insurance claim was dealt with very well. The only thing I will say is that if you do have broken stuff you need to claim for don't take their first offer as they will go higher. When you fill out your inventory list for them make sure you list everything as our shredder got broken and it wasn't on the list and so not paid for. Also put the new value for each item. And if bringing Washing machines, fridges etc take out the extra insurance policy to cover internal damage. We didn't as we didn't know about it and my washing machine didn't work properly when we got here from moving it and they wouldn't pay for repairs as we didn't have the extra cover.

Hope this helps

Ady :yes:

Guest homeiswheretheheartis
Hi

Just had a few quotes and despite being the most expensive I think I am going to go with Allied Pickfords. I have looked all over the site and have only seen good stuff, but I thought I would just check.

Anyone had anything other than good service from them?

Ta

We used them. Had a few smashes. A few dents in white goods. A few losses. Not great communication this end. All in all ok. Not great. OK.

Get the insurance sorted out if you can afford it. We claimed on their insurance and was pleased at how quickly things were sorted.

Good luck!

Archived