Pension earned in Oz back to UK

Enduro

I have lived in Australia for the last 6 years and earned a good salary, paid taxes and paid into a super account in that time. i ahve a good amount built into my super.

After waiting a year and a half for a citizenship I am sick of waiting and I am thinking of leaving and to start with may well move back to the UK. 

Can I get back my super and take it to the UK, I am aware that people working on temp visas for 4 years got their money back.

What about the tax I have paid, can I get anything which is equivelent to national insurance?

If they do not want me as a citizen then I should be eligable to get back what I paid into their system.

If I wait till I am retired the fees would erode the fund into nothing if I do not pay into it any more.

Any help on what I would be able to get back and who to ask to start the process would be a great help, thanks.

14 hours ago, Enduro said:

If I wait till I am retired the fees would erode the fund into nothing if I do not pay into it any more.

Hi Enduro

Not if the investment return outweighs the fees, the fees shouldn't amount to more than around 1% ish (give or take) so market corrections aside you would expect returns to be a higher than this.

KR

Andy