Consequences of cancelling a visa

BusyBee

Currently I am on a temporary partner visa (subclass 820 and 801), I am seven months in on the two year wait. My partner has been living in Australia for a year and a month on a Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189). We have both decided to end our (de facto) relationship with no children involved. Will there be any complications for my partner and I? Also note that my partner is my main sponsor.

Any help?

You will have to inform the immigration department of your change of circumstances.  Potentially, your visa may be cancelled as you have not yet progressed to PR.  There are certain circumstances when PR would still be granted - I would recommend that you seek advice from registered migration agent or immigration lawyer.

I think however i'm not 100 percent on it, that your partner visa will be cancelled given that you will no longer be in a relationship with the sponsor. I think you need to contact a visa angent and find out or if there's any option for you to stay if that's what you want.