Where to live in Sydney for beach and commute

On 14/10/2018 at 10:13, Christian crawford said:

Hi Tootsie, I leave at 6am and usually arrive just before 7, so under an hour. Can take a little bit longer coming home at night depending on when I leave, but rarely more than 1hr 15.

🙂

Well that is very decent, hardly a major effort, and about average for a Sydney commute.

And you are lucky enough to live in a fabulous part of the world.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sydney traffic is quite bad and commuting isn't great. Buses and trains a but batter as you can read, mediate, listen to audiobooks an podcasts etc - but most of the public transport is designed to get you in and out the CBD. So you will probably end up driving. Not the end of the world, but it could be up to 3 to 4 hours a day.

Most people i know who do this leave really early, work from 7am til 3 or 4pm and avoid traffic jams this way. 

I can see what you mean about wanting to live near the beach as it's a nice lifestyle, so it's hard to make it work immediately. But maybe you could live near the beach and just get another job with  a better commute later? If you know where you ideally want to be in 2 or 3 years time, I'm sure you can make it work. You might just need to take a couple of different steps to get there.