Prospective Marriage Visa timelines

CEP

My application went in on 18th April (including police checks and my medical). I've applied from the UK and have used an agent. It's only been just over 5 weeks but the waiting gets worse by the day! It's the not knowing one way or the other. We have a plan A which is Oz and plan B is the UK (my fiancé is also UK citizen so easier for him to move back here). Would just love to be able to plan the next step but realise it's totally out of our hands.

My fiancé has literally just landed back in Oz after being here with me in the UK for a couple of weeks so our agent has uploaded further evidence of us being together.

There doesn't seem to have been much news on any PMV 300 grants recently.

It very much puts your life in limbo!!

so many unknowns, and so many questions from everyone. The dreaded “how long”?

my application is now submitted, police checks are underway and my medical is booked for 14th June.

glad it’s not just me who thought all had gone quiet on pmv street!

here’s to hoping for a quick turnaround!

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/05/2018 at 21:24, CEP said:

Hiya

I’m getting close to submitting so just wanted to see what other people’s timelines were for prospective marriage visa 300.

I’ll be applying from UK.

thanks all! ?

Hi CEP,

Sorry for the delay only just seen your post..I applied for the 300 visa from the UK via an agent in oz our timeline was 5 months 14 days! We lodged the application in August, medical and police checks requested December, visa granted January ? got married in Australia last weekend.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, CEP said:

Thank you!

I submitted on 27th May

medical was updated on immi account this week 27th June 

police checks already done and uploaded.

crossing fingers for a smooth and swift clearance:-)

Great news and good luck! It's really hard not knowing and just waiting, I remember searching the forums all of the time for anything or anyone with a similar situation to see if I could get an idea of what to expect. ?

1 minute ago, CEP said:

Sounds so much like me!

Trying to get house sold at the same time is like trying to align the stars lol!

I’ll keep an update on here ?

I can only imagine! My situation was slightly different..I'd had to sell before I could apply (the two things were only loosely connected) but the worry of maintaining a living of sorts while waiting was difficult..please do let us know how you get on ?

On 30/06/2018 at 21:57, CEP said:

Sounds so much like me!

Trying to get house sold at the same time is like trying to align the stars lol!

I’ll keep an update on here ?

I feel your pain! About to submit, hopefully in a week or so - just waiting on the last few stat decs to come in from family and co-workers. Hoping to get house on the market at the same time. I've priced competitively to try and make sure it goes, and spent a lot of time doing the place up to the best of my Bunnings video tutorial based DIY super-powers. If not I've got family here who can finish the transaction for me, but I'd rather leave here with the money from it in my hand - just for comfort sake, as we are stuck in rental hell back home (in oz.... I just can't think of the UK as home anymore, my life the love of it are in NSW, waiting for me) and want to buy as soon as we practically can.