Returning to Melbourne 7yrs on...

fjm

Hi all, we are moving back to Melbourne later this year and I'm looking for advice re best suburbs for families and schooling. We previously lived in Bundoora and my children, then 3 and 5 went to preschool and school in Greensborough. We liked the area but are also open to other suggestions. Our children are now almost 11 and 13 so access to good schools will be the deciding factor - along with the daily commute for my OH to work. I went back recently and was amazed at how many suburbs have changed and grown - Doreen, for example, was much much smaller than it is now!! We have looked online at rentals in Doreen and the surrounding area, but as OH will be working in the CBD, we're worried that the daily commute would be unrealistic. We are pretty familiar with Eltham, Greensborough, Diamond Creek and that general area and feel that being familiar would help us settle in again. But at the same time, we'd like to look at other possible areas in case we are missing out. We love Park Orchards but rentals seem to be few and far between!

Many thanks