Confused TOR form

paulswin

Oh wow just opened up the tor form and closed it down real quick. Has anyone recently filled it out Is it hard to do?  Looks like you have to attach a lot of paperwork. We have a house here do we need to scan a copy of the mortgage contract just tell prove we have been here for a few years?

It's not too bad once you know what to include!  I included scanned copies of our British and Australian passports, a rough belongings inventory, our mortgage document, proof of ownership of our cats and a copy of my OH's job contract (he was offered a job before we moved back).  There were a couple of things on the form that I couldn't fill in accurately (such as address, because we hadn't got a rental at that point), so I used my in-laws address and just enclosed a covering letter explaining what I'd done and why.  It was fine and we got the number back within a few days.

Same here @paulswin I just broke it down into bullet points of what applied to us/what docs I had and sent that.

I just used the inventory list that the shipping company quoted on (the shipping company said this suffices) A rates notice older than 6 months, and passport etc

Fingers crossed I've done enough.

When are you hoping to ship?

2 hours ago, paulswin said:

hiya wattsy 1982 as soon as our house sells!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  the TOR number apparently lasts for 1 year not that we want to be here another year!!!  Thats all I sent too I sent mine this morning when did you send yours?  

Tuesday I think...nothing back yet