How to watch British TV in Australia

Greig

One tip - I found that with BBC iPlayer, I could use the iPad app to start a download over a VPN.

Once the download had started, I could turn off the VPN and it would continue downloading without issue, and often much faster because of the lack of VPN. Plus play without buffering of course.

• Like 1

I watch tv player on an Amazon Fire TV stick.  Buy one from the UK or get it sent over, the one on the Aussie amazon site is an old slow rubbish one. About 40 quid

Get a Smart DNS service unlocater/Smart DNS proxy/getflix for a few dollars a month.  Install Iplayer/ITV/all 4/5 catch up apps on the fire tv. Install TV player app for free live TV (there is an option for more channels like Nat Geo/Discovery for 5 quid a month).

The services above also allow you to watch stuff on your computer/Ipad etc also.

I did have the other sky channels through Now TV but never watched them.  If you want football, I'd just pay for Optus sport, also works on the fire tv. 

• Like 1