PMV300 to 820. Next step

Gbamber

It's been a long time since I was on this page. I've gone from a PMV300 to a Subclass 820. The 820 expires in June this year, my immigration agent just emailed to say that the next process to 801 PR has changed. Can anyone confirm this as I expected it to be pretty straight forward, but it's looking like costing me $1500 for fees alone. Does this seem about right ? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

4 hours ago, Gbamber said:

It's been a long time since I was on this page. I've gone from a PMV300 to a Subclass 820. The 820 expires in June this year, my immigration agent just emailed to say that the next process to 801 PR has changed. Can anyone confirm this as I expected it to be pretty straight forward, but it's looking like costing me $1500 for fees alone. Does this seem about right ? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

What changes? And why do you need an agent? The only change that I've seen is that they no longer contact you when you become eligible for PR, you just log into your Immiaccount and it tells you what paperwork to submit. 

Go back and ask the agent what the changes are, for starters.

So for my next step it’s just a case of logging on and checking Immiaccount ? I expected to upload a bit of information to prove I’m still married etc and expected this part to be really straight forward. An agent done our previous 2 visas as we found it far to stressful and didn’t want to make mistakes.  

3 hours ago, Gbamber said:

So for my next step it’s just a case of logging on and checking Immiaccount ? I expected to upload a bit of information to prove I’m still married etc and expected this part to be really straight forward. An agent done our previous 2 visas as we found it far to stressful and didn’t want to make mistakes.  

You basically just have to upload information to show you are still married/de facto, living together etc. There is no fee as you have already paid for PR and unless you have health, character or other complicated issues I wouldn't be forking out $1500 in agent's fees. Money for old rope!!

Thank you so much for your help, that's what I thought I had to do. Just got a bit stressed when the agent said things had changed and was wanting $1500 when I thought it was a really straight forward process. Basically rental agreement and bank statements should be enough. No health issues or an complicated issues at all. You've made my day :) 

I'd ensure you supply whatever is asked for on the account. Iirc they will still want evidence you are living together still, a couple and sharing a life. TBH though it should all be stuff you've been compiling since the partner visa first stage and have to hand to upload.

I'd be looking at providing a bit more than rental agreement and bank statements if it were me. 

Archived