187 nomination granted - next step can it go wrong?

Prema

Hi all,

I had a question regarding our nomination approval last week.

Once nomination has been granted, how long does it roughly take to get an answer regarding a visa application?

I have been told that it is a pretty much done deal for a positive outcome, but is this really the case? 

Can you get a refusal to a visa application if you have had a nomination granted?

Any experience in this area would be greatly appreciated, the waiting is driving me insane.

Cheers

Prema

The nomination and the visa are two separate applications, so certainly one can be approved and the other refused.  If you fail the health or character checks or if DoHA doesn't agree that you meet the other eligibility criteria for the visa, these could cause the application to be refused.  But if you're confident you meet the requirements, then I wouldn't worry about it.  Just try to be patient and eventually they will review and process your application.  There's no way to know how long it may be but generally they are taking somewhere from 8-16 months (yes, a rather big time range) from the time of application.