Student Visa to PR Pathway Social Work Masters

Hi Guys

I've been trawling through forums trying to take pieces of peoples experiences and answers to try and get info on my query. But I guess the best thing to do is ask smile.gif

Some brief background info on myself

27 years old from the UK, currently in Oz on a WHV which expires in December. I have a bachelors in law and I am interested in studying a Masters of Social work at an Oz university as a hopeful pathway to PR after having a graduate visa. I'm well aware of the international fees.

So my questions which I hope you wonderful people can answer are as followed.

Does an individual with a Masters from an Australian university applying on shore for a 189 visa require 3 years post qualification work experience? or could I submit an EOI after hopefully gaining 18 months - 2 years experience or even as as a newly qualified Social worker (straight after the masters degree is completed)?

Would I need to to apply before the end of the graduate visa to avoid having to leave while waiting for an invitation to apply for a 189 visa or would a bridging visa be provided in this case? If not, how long before the end of the graduate visa would you guys recommend submitting an EOI?

thanks in advance

Warren

Archived