buying land for development

Guest jeffandmichelle

Guest jeffandmichelle

is there a lot of problems and buearocracy involved in buying land and building your own place

also i know this sounds lazy but if you go on a skills visa are you expected to work full time for the first number of years or so and show how much youve earned ie reach a target.

only i will still be recieving dividends from the uk average wage a year so i would like to enjoy life, maybe play golf, ive never done that

Once you're here, you can do exactly as you please, employed or not. You cannot claim the dole for two years but that doesn't sound like it would be a problem for you!

The only thing I would say before you go leaping into buying acres of land, is to research your prospect THOROUGHLY. Reposessions are at an all time high, interest rates are extremely high (in my opinion) and, depending on who you talk to, land prices and house prices are expected to fall.

My husband spends a good deal of his life of the golf course and is living the dream at 45. Can't be bad!

All the best!

Guest jeffandmichelle

thanks krista for the advice

we will think long and hard about properties and land, and about whether we should sell up here in the UK, we could rent this out here and have another small income but then that limits us to a property under what we would like to spend, looking at some property websites, i notice a big difference across states as to styles and how far the dollar goes,

people i know all say perth is really nice but i cant find a property online that i have liked as opposed to the brisbane areas the properties look more elegant for the same prices

i will be 45 next year and looking forward to learning golf and other hobbies but her indoors wants me to take up dancing lessons, yeah right im 18 stone, not exactly twinkle toes

hopefully we will make it on the first app

thanks

Archived