Visa

Amyprescott

After spending a year in australia on the working holiday visa I am certain that one day i would like to live there. I hoped to move to oz via the Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186). I am an arborist (tree surgeon) and have been for a couple of years. However I have only recently gained formal qualifications. And even then they are not equivalent to a nvq lvl 3 which I believe to be the minimum requirement? I was wondering though, if I was to be sponsored by an employer over there would I still need to have the formal qualifications that I would require for a state sponsored visa. I understand that it would be difficult to gain sponsorship however I am determined that i would be able to prove to an employer that I am worthy of sponsoring. I Am certain that Australia is where I want to spend the rest of my life and im determined to do whatever it takes to get there. I just need to know whether I have a chance of moving soon or whether I need to go back into to education. 

From what I have read so far it looks like I would have to go back to college for two years to gain a lvl 3 in arboriculture and then be in full time employment for a further three years but I'm desperately hoping there's another way. 

I currently hold the following qualifications:  

NTPC cs30/31 chainsaw qualification 
Cs 38 Arial rescue 
Cs 39 using a chainsaw from a rope and harness.

I also have a triple distinction star in a level three extended diploma in public services. I know this is nothing to do with arboriculture but I'm not sure if this could in any way impact the application. 

I am looking the near future to take the RFS - Certificate in Arboriculture (Level 2) this is attractive to me as I can do it online while still working 

I would greatly appreciate any advice/help

Many thanks, Charly 

Many visas do require a couple of years post qualification experience in the field you want to work in. As verystormy said, your skills assessment governing body will have their own requirements for your occupation. If you're serious about migrating its worthwhile speaking to a MARA registered agent and let them give you professional advice on your own circumstances and possible routes you could take. Good luck

Archived