Awaiting Invitation for months

Jay Dee

Hi there,

I had applied for skilled visa 190 for external auditor. I had submitted my expression of interest since last November, 2017 claiming "70" points. I still havn't received any invitation yet and wondering, if I even have a fair chance of getting one soon? Or do I have to wait long? Anxiously waiting!

Hi I submitted my 190 nsw in beginning of January I still haven’t heard I have 65 points. I am very anxious about this as I was told that it was possible to get invited approximately 2 weeks after submitting. I know how you feel in complete limbo. Does anyone know how long I could be waiting I’m a nurse. 

Thanks

Even state nominations take time. What state are you wanting to go to? Some states will not invite you unless you have applied directly on the state's website. For example, QLD will not invite you if you have only submitted an EOI, they also require a direct application for a nomination. Whereas NSW will use skillselect then invite you from there. Each state has there own process to follow. 

Thanks woody2709

i have applied for nsw I got a agent to submit my EOI that was 7 weeks ago today with 65 points ( 60+5 for state sponsorship) my agent was hopeful that I would get an invite within a couple of weeks. 

I am trying to remain optimistic but desperate to go as my sons starting his standard grades soon and would like him to get as much time to settle as possible. Any further info regarding nsw would be appreciated 

regards pauline

• Like 1

Don't let your points worry you. When applying for a nomination points aren't the deciding factor. Your occupation and needs of the state are what will get you your invite. I was invited on 60 points last month for the NT. 489 visa, so technically 60+10. But initial points only 60

Edited by woody2709