189 Visa - Plumber

Mrs C

My Husband and I are just beginning the visa process. My Husband has been told if he does English test he would have 70 points and be able to apply for a visa. We would love to move to the Gold Coast. 

We are extremely excited and just wanted to hear others stories and experience.

If you can get the visa the Gold Coast is a great place to live. The suburbs are so different across the coast from built up touristy areas to laid back vilages surronded by the hinterland. There is somewhere to suit most tastes. 

You would need to look into the QLD trade licencing laws as plumbers and electricians have quite a few hoops to jump through before they can be 'recognised' here despite any trade assesments you take to gain the visa. If you budget for this and know what awaits you should be fine.

this link may help you - http://www.qbcc.qld.gov.au/contractors/apply-licence/moving-overseas

Cal x

Hi, we are in a similar position..my partner is a plumber and has just taken his vetassess practical, currently waiting on our results!! We are hoping to apply for the skilled independent. We currently have 60 points after taking the ielts test twice. Apparently they are not inviting with 60 points at the moment so my partner is going to try the Pearsons test tontey and get more points. We are hopefully moving to Brisbane too!