Returning to Australia just before Visa expires

Red Rose

Hi there,

I was issued a 190 (Permanent Residency) visa in July 2013. I think this visa needs to be renewed every 5 years.  
Arrived in Oz in November 2013.
Submitted Citizenship application in January 2018.
Flying to the UK for a holiday on 31 May and return to Oz mid June 2018. Don't plan on going overseas again this year and until I have the Oz Passport.  
Any need to apply for any sort of bridging visa in the interim to cover my holiday to the UK in May / June ?
Thanks helpful peeps.

As long as your current visa travel portion does not run out until after you are back in Australia you will be fine.  

Just a word of caution though, you need to be on Australian soil when your citizenship is approved, so if you have the test before you go then you must let them know your travel plans.  My son got his approval almost instantly after the test but some people have been waiting for months!

We applied at Christmas and are planning holidays abroad in May and July so I am hoping we get the test and approval before then, but I am not hopeful.  Our visa was granted in Jan 2014 so we should be OK to travel until we get citizenship without needing an RRV, provided we can get a ceremony by Australia Day 2019!

Archived