Applying for the partner visa

sherry1480

6 hours ago, sherry1480 said:

Hi there,

Need some advice about partner visa. My wife is on TR visa and i want to apply for a partner visa as i am currently on MRT. Can anyone tell me what forms to fill up and how much is the fee.

What visa are you actully on? You can only sponsor your wife for a PArtner Visa if you hold PR, are a citizen, or are an eligible New Zealand citizen. 

Actually my wife is on TR which is temporary resident visa. I was on student visa which got refused after I applied for extension of student visa and i have to go in appeal which make me on MRT. So what i want to do is that i want to go to my wife visa and don’t worry about my case and then we look for her to get a PR.

40 minutes ago, sherry1480 said:

Actually my wife is on TR which is temporary resident visa. I was on student visa which got refused after I applied for extension of student visa and i have to go in appeal which make me on MRT. So what i want to do is that i want to go to my wife visa and don’t worry about my case and then we look for her to get a PR.

There are many temporary visas.

She cannot sponsor you for a Partner Visa because she does not have PR

Whether you can be added to hers as her dependent depends on which temprary visa she holds.