Including a stepchild on a Partner visa application?

Hello!

I'm in the process of filling form 80 for my Partner visa (subclass 820) and I have a stupid question - my husband (and sponsor) has a child from his first marriage. I haven't adopted the child, but that makes me their stepmom. Do I include my stepchild in the application (question 43: do you have children)? I would have thought it was only for dependent children on my side (i.e, not related to my husband/sponsor: biological children, or step children from a previous relationship etc) but I want to double check...

And if I do have to include them in the form, does it mean I have to provide their birth certificate etc as well?

Thank you!!!

To be include in an 820 application all applicants must be onshore.

Do you have (or can you obtain) the consent of the non-custodial parent to remove the child (form 1229)?

If yes to both, you should be ok to include the child on an 820 application.

If not, consult a registered migration agent for advice about your options.

You must declare the child, even if s/he is not applying for a visa and s/he must satisfy the public interest criteria, as must all members of your family unitt.

This is not a considered professional opinion and should not be taken as professional advice. May I suggest that you obtain some?

3 hours ago, wrussell said:

To be include in an 820 application all applicants must be onshore.

Do you have (or can you obtain) the consent of the non-custodial parent to remove the child (form 1229)?

If yes to both, you should be ok to include the child on an 820 application.

If not, consult a registered migration agent for advice about your options.

You must declare the child, even if s/he is not applying for a visa and s/he must satisfy the public interest criteria, as must all members of your family unitt.

This is not a considered professional opinion and should not be taken as professional advice. May I suggest that you obtain some?

Thank you, I think I wasn't clear - this is indeed an onshore application, I am here on a PMV and therefore already live in Australia with my husband and his child. There is no question of removing the child. The bit that puzzled me is question 43 in form 80 (which I have to provide), where they ask if I have children. I was simply wondering if it was a question concerning dependant children on my side only (I don't have children from a previous relationship, so in that case I'd leave that bit empty), or if I had to include *all* children in the relationship (and thus my stepchild).

Ours is a straightforward case (there's no custody battle or anything), it's just a technicality about whether I mention my stepchild on my form 80 :)