Confusion re: "country of residence"

daz_axe

I am currently in Australia on a 3-month tourist visa.  I will be applying on-shore for an 820 Partnership Visa.  I am currently trying to fill in the form to get my health checks done in advance and it is asking me what my 'usual country of residence' and 'postal address' is (this same question is posed on the 820 application form).   I have no intention of going back to the UK, nor have an address there anymore.  Do I put my old UK address when asked this question or rather use my current temporary Australian address where I am staying on my tourist visa?  Thanks! 

On reflection, it could be asking for trouble to apply using an Australian address, because that advertises that you've wilfully entered Australia with the intention of staying permanently, which is against the rules of a tourist visa. That would be grounds for cancelling your tourist visa.  

Have you looked into the processing time for an onshore visa and what implications it will have for your right to work, right to medical treatment etc in the couple of years you'll be waiting?

Edited by Marisawright