457 visa

ras248

1 hour ago, ras248 said:

Good evening guys,

I am wanting to apply for a 457 visa (I'm a registered nurse) how realistic is it that I will gain a permanent residency visa once in OZ? Or is it too risky to take the hubby and 3 kids on the 457...emoji51.png

Good Morning!

Are you Onshore or offshore? Why are you considering 457 whereas when you can lodged 190 or 489 based on your points and +ve skill assessments?

2 hours ago, ras248 said:

Good evening guys,

I am wanting to apply for a 457 visa (I'm a registered nurse) how realistic is it that I will gain a permanent residency visa once in OZ? Or is it too risky to take the hubby and 3 kids on the 457...emoji51.png

I always tell my clients that if they see their occupation on the list, they're better applying for a permanent visa on their own merit. If I would like to earn more, by all means 457 would have been the way to go  since I can bill more but I do not work that way. Being a parent myself, I would advice you to opt for a permanent route as you don't want your visa status to be relying on your occupation where you don't know what can happen tomorrow. Moving to a new country is already daunting as it is, more so if you have kids in tow. Also, be mindful that 457 visa will soon be abolished (very soon) and will be replaced by a new one which would no longer be a pathway to migration. Do further research I must say. All the best!

Edited by RheaMARN1171933

22 hours ago, RheaMARN1171933 said:

Also, be mindful that 457 visa will soon be abolished (very soon) and will be replaced by a new one which would no longer be a pathway to migration

Why do you say that the new TSS visa will no longer be a pathway to Permanent Residency?

Registered Nurse is on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List. As such it will still be eligible for Permanent Residency through both the Direct Entry and Temporary Residence Transition streams of the Employer Nomination Scheme, post the replacement of the 457 in March this year.

3 hours ago, Raul Senise said:

Why do you say that the new TSS visa will no longer be a pathway to Permanent Residency?

Registered Nurse is on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List. As such it will still be eligible for Permanent Residency through both the Direct Entry and Temporary Residence Transition streams of the Employer Nomination Scheme, post the replacement of the 457 in March this year.

Thanks for pointing out the typo. The would was supposed to be a could. Meaning at some point, changes are inevitable as we all know so it can be a pathway now but no assurance at all for the future.